Frosty funny facts
• It takes 12 gallons of milk to make one gallon of ice cream.
• Kids between the ages of two and 12 make the majority of ice cream consumers, eating more than half of the ice cream sandwiches, bars and pre-packaged cones made each year.
• Of all days of the week, most ice cream is bought on Sunday.
• The most popular flavour by far is vanilla, followed by chocolate and strawberry; while the most popular topping for ice cream is chocolate syrup. Some of the more adventurous flavours include tomato, cucumber, garlic, avocado and sweet corn.
• It takes 50 licks to finish off a single scoop of ice cream.
• Air is the most important ingredient in ice cream as it is needed to keep the ice cream soft.
• Helados Coromoto, an ice cream shop in Venezuela, is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for serving the most flavours to its visitors — 709!
• Ice cream is considered a comfort food for good reason — eating the frozen delicacy elevates mood and lowers blood pressure. — Compiled by S.P