Joint team starts probe into Babusar killings
MANSEHRA, Aug 17: A joint investigation team of different law-enforcement agencies has begun investigation into Babusar Top sectarian killings.
The team is headed by SSP (investigation) Ilyas Khan, according to district police officer Sher Akbar.
Mr Akbar told reporters here that an FIR of the killings had been registered at Kaghan police station against unidentified attackers, while search for them was underway. Over the last six months, sectarian violence claimed 39 lives in Mansehra.
Meanwhile, police were on alert in the district on Jumatul Wida, last Friday of Ramazan, over terror attacks after Babusar Top killings. Policemen were deployed in large numbers outside mosques and imambargahs in Mansehra, Balakot and Oghi tehsils.
Also in the day, the Northern Areas Transport Company suspended its service between Rawalpindi and Gilgit-Baltistan until further orders.
“We are monitoring the situation after Babusar Top terrorist attack. As the situation returns to normal, our service will be restored,” said a representative of the company.
Traffic on Naran-Jalkhad Road remained suspended for most part of the day.