Intelligence reports received over terror threats, says Rehman Malik
ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Rehman Malik on Friday said that Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif should not use the Youm-i-Ishq-i-Rasool for political point-scoring, adding that, members of banned organisations were being sent from Punjab towards Islamabad, DawnNews reported.
Speaking to media representatives in Islamabad, Malik said mobile services had been suspended in the capital and that the military remained on high alert.
The minister moreover said that mobile services would also remain suspended in Murree, Chakwal and Peshawar, adding that, the federal government had approached chief secretaries of two provinces for services’ suspension.
Responding to a question over the court’s directives pertaining to his dual nationality issue, the minister said he would present all the facts before Chairman Senate Nayyar Bokhari.
He reiterated that the issue of his disqualification from parliament membership would be decided by the Senate’s chairman.
Malik said there were a number of legislators who still kept their dual nationalities, adding that, if asked, he would produce evidence to prove the allegation.
On the security situation in Karachi, the minister said the city had seen a growing number of IED blasts, adding that, there were intelligence reports pertaining to possible terrorist attacks in certain cities.