FC personnel, innocent citizens being killed in Balochistan: Malik
ISLAMABAD: Federal Interior Minister Rehman Malik said on Friday that Frontier Corps (FC) personnel and innocent citizens were being killed in Balochistan, DawnNews reported.
Speaking to media representatives after appearing before the Supreme Court for the Balochistan law and order case hearing, Malik said those who had been talking about dismembering Pakistan were accusing the government of killing their people.
He said that acts of terror were being committed using uniforms of FC personnel, adding that, in fact it was the Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) which had been accepting responsibility of the attacks.
The interior minister said that 36 people were currently missing, adding that, after the apex court’s orders, the government had taken steps to recover missing persons. He added that individual cases had been registered for every missing individual.
He said that he was thankful to the apex court for granting him the opportunity to speak. Moreover, he said he would appreciate if the proceedings are held in camera.
Malik said it was the responsibility of provincial governments to maintain law and order within their respective jurisdictions.
He said more than 4,000 people had been killed in Punjab but no one had taken notice of that.