TTP claims Bannu blast, condemns attack on Mullah Nazir
PESHAWAR: Spokesman for the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) Ehsanullah Ehsan claimed on Tuesday that the organisation was responsible for the blast carried out in Bannu today and said the group was not involved in last week’s attack on pro-government and anti-US Taliban leader Mullah Nazir.
Speaking to Dawn.com’s correspondent from an undisclosed location, Ehsan condemned the attack on Nazir and said he was part of the Ittehad-i-Shura-Mujahideen, of which the TTP was also a member.
The TTP spokesman further said that though the TTP may have organisational differences with Mullah Nazir, there were no ideological differences between the groups.
The problem created in South Waziristan is a tribal feud between the Ahmedzai Wazir and Mehsud clans which would be settled as per tribal customs, said the spokesman for the banned outfit.
Ehsan claimed the TTP was not behind today’s blast that reportedly took place near the house of Kainat, one of the girls who was injured during the attack on Malala Yousufzai, the 14-year-old campaigner for girls’ education.
The attack was suspected to be a terrorist act according to certain reports in the media whereas Swat DPO Gul Afzal Khan Afridi had stated that the blast appeared to have been caused due to a gas leakage as initial investigative reports suggested that debris from the explosion flew outwards.