1. Which is the only mammal that truly flies?
2. The Komodo dragon is the largest lizard in the world, in which country is it found? Hint: It’s an Asian country.
3. Name the species of parrot that is found in New Zealand and it is the only one that cannot fly.
4. The duck bill platypus of Australia is a mammal but a rather peculiar one. What is so peculiar about it?
5. The brain of the dolphin works in a very special way, especially when it is asleep. Can you guess what is so special about it?
6. Which animal, besides the horse, can sleep while standing?
7. A cow has how many stomachs?
8. This bird is totally amazing for it can fly straight up, down, backwards and it can even hover! Can you name it?
9. Which is the biggest of these great apes – orang-utan, gorilla and chimpanzee?
10. Which animal has teeth in its stomach? — Rehan Jalal
3. The kakapo bird
4. It is one of the few egg-lying mammals
5. It allows only one side of the brain to sleep so that it can breathe and swim while taking a nap!
6. The flamingo
9. Gorilla, the adult male gorillas weigh about 400 pounds and can be 6 feet tall when standing. Adult female gorillas weigh about 200 pounds and can be 5 feet tall when standing.
10. Lobster. Its stomach is located a very short distance from the mouth, and it chews food in the stomach between three grinding surfaces that look like molar surfaces, called the ‘gastric mill’.