• Election expenses for a National Assembly seat to be increased from Rs1.5m to Rs6m and for a provincial assembly seat to be increased from Rs1m to Rs4m
• A party will not get election symbol if it had failed to secure at least one seat in three past polls or had obtained under five per cent of the total votes polled in the constituencies where it contested.
• Capturing polling stations and tampering with ballot papers to come under definition of corrupt practices
• Culprits to face imprisonment of up to three years and/or fine up to Rs100,000
• ECP to be empowered to take disciplinary action against an official for any act of misconduct