Gas leak kills couple in Swabi
SWABI, Jan 15: A man and his wife died due to suffocation caused by a gas cylinder leakage in Gadoon area here on Tuesday, said the police.
Relatives said that the victim, Liaqat Khan, a head constable in elite force at Mathra, Attock (Punjab), was sleeping with his family when the incident occurred. They said the couple died due to suffocation caused by gas leakage.
The family members broke open the door of the room in the morning and found them dead, the relatives said.
WORKSHOP: A two-day workshop on “emerging trends in computational sciences” concluded in Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology on Tuesday.
The workshop was organised by the Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering (FCSE) and supported by the Higher Education Commission. Faculty members of GIK Institute and other HEC recognised universities participated in the workshop.
Coordinator of the workshop and Assistant Professor FCSE Dr Masroor Hussain said the workshop was aimed to inculcate awareness and educate participants about the latest trends on computational science related to signal processing, data mining, computational mechanics. He said the workshop discussed parallel languages for their high performance algorithms on different supercomputer architectures. Certificates were awarded to the outstanding participants in the end.