FO rejects Indian charges about drone attack in occupied Kashmir

Published July 1, 2021
The For­eign Office on Wednesday dismissed Indian allegations about Pakistan’s role in a drone attack in Occupied Jammu and Kashmir as “irresponsible”.  — AFP
The For­eign Office on Wednesday dismissed Indian allegations about Pakistan’s role in a drone attack in Occupied Jammu and Kashmir as “irresponsible”. — AFP

ISLAMABAD: The For­eign Office on Wednesday dismissed Indian allegations about Pakistan’s role in a drone attack in Occupied Jammu and Kashmir as “irresponsible”.

“Pakistan categorically rejects the irresponsible and misleading statement by Indian Minister of State for Home Affairs G. Kishan Reddy regarding an alleged drone attack in the Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir,” the FO said.

Mr Reddy had earlier said that Pakistan’s role could not be ruled out in the Jammu Air Force station attack.

Indian Air Force had on Sunday reported that two low-intensity explosions occurred in the technical area of Jammu Air Force Station in the disputed territory.

Indian security officials later claimed that explosives-laden drones had been used to carry out the attack.

Mr Reddy said investigations were under way.

The FO said that India was levelling serious allegations against Pakistan without providing any evidence.

“This is yet another manifestation of the unsubstantiated propaganda and smear campaign against Pakistan that is characteristic of the Indian government and an obliging Indian media,” the FO maintained in a statement.

“This is a familiar Indian ploy to externalise any blame, use baseless allegations against Pakistan as a smokescreen, and seek to undermine the indigenous struggle for self-determination of the Kashmiri people,” it added.

The FO observed that the drone attack allegations confirmed Pakistan’s fears about the BJP government staging “false flag” operations to malign Pakistan with terrorism-related allegations for narrow political gains.

“The use of Pakistan card either to win an election or to divert attention from an electoral defeat has also unfortunately become a standard practice,” it maintained, calling on Delhi to stop the “reprehensible propaganda campaign”.

“No amount of Indian falsehood can succeed in diverting the attention from India’s serious crimes in IIOJK,” the FO said.

Published in Dawn, July 1st, 2021

Opinion

From hard to harder

From hard to harder

Instead of ‘hard state’ turning even harder, citizens deserve a state that goes soft on them in delivering democratic and development aspirations.

Editorial

Canal unrest
Updated 03 Apr, 2025

Canal unrest

With rising water scarcity in Indus system, it is crucial to move towards a consensus-driven policymaking process.
Iran-US tension
03 Apr, 2025

Iran-US tension

THE Trump administration’s threats aimed at Iran do not bode well for global peace, and unless Washington changes...
Flights to history
03 Apr, 2025

Flights to history

MOHENJODARO could have been the forgotten gold we desperately need. Instead, this 5,000-year-old well of antiquity ...
Eid amidst crises
Updated 31 Mar, 2025

Eid amidst crises

Until the Muslim world takes practical steps to end these atrocities, these besieged populations will see no joy.
Women’s rights
Updated 01 Apr, 2025

Women’s rights

Such judgements, and others directly impacting women’s rights should be given more airtime in media.
Not helping
Updated 02 Apr, 2025

Not helping

If it's committed to peace in Balochistan, the state must draw a line between militancy and legitimate protest.