HARIPUR: No-trust vote not notified

Published January 6, 2004

HARIPUR, Jan 5: The district coordination officer has declined to issue a notification for the removal of Mankrae Union Council Naib Nazim Raja Mohammed Zubair, who was dislodged through a vote of no-confidence last month, sources said on Monday.

Mr Zubair was removed from his office when 11 councillors expressed no-confidence in him at a session convened by Nazim Maulana Matiur Rehman Qasmi last month.

They said when the minutes of the UC meeting were taken to the DCO for issuance of a notification for the removal of the naib nazim, the official refused to do so.

In August, the UC nazim had also been unseated through a no-confidence vote, but the DCO nullified the move and declared that Maulana Qasmi had obtained a three-month leave and he could not be unseated in absentia.

Opinion

Editorial

Not cricket
Updated 06 Apr, 2025

Not cricket

It is high time that the PCB sets things right; even if it demands a complete overhaul of the system.
Balochistan deadlock
Updated 06 Apr, 2025

Balochistan deadlock

Akhtar Mengal’s demands to release women activists should seriously be considered.
Escalating brutality
Updated 06 Apr, 2025

Escalating brutality

The world’s patience is running out. Israel must be held accountable under international law for war crimes.
Electricity relief
Updated 05 Apr, 2025

Electricity relief

If govt ensures that requisite power reforms are implemented, it will earn much praise for reforming a vital segment of the economy.
Trump’s trade wars
Updated 05 Apr, 2025

Trump’s trade wars

Shoddy math applied by US to indiscriminately penalise its trading partners signals the end of an era of global trade liberalisation.
Legalised land grab
Updated 05 Apr, 2025

Legalised land grab

The Modi government from its inception has been attacking India’s minorities, the largest such community in its crosshairs being the Muslims.